By obtaining these immediate and accurate 3-D images of teeth, we can:
- Identify root system anomalies
- Gather more information of hidden tooth related disease that would otherwise go undetected and untreated
- Determine presence of other non-dental issues
- Accurately treat and diagnose traumatic injuries to the teeth and bone
- Determine the presence and extent of internal/external root resorptions
- Assess potential treatment complications
- Plan accurately for surgical treatment
Our high definition, small volume machines generate excellent images. The amount of energy required to produce such an image is never zero, but with recent advancements in image intensifying software, the exposure is minimal, roughly equivalent to 1 to 6 intraoral digital images.
We will always assess the individual needs of a patient before using this technology, as often much treatment can be completed with traditional digital x-rays. No one in our area has more experience in how and when to use this amazing imaging technology in the field of endodontics.